Complete cargo handling system
The Azane ammonia cargo handling system is a complete system for storage and handling of refrigerated ammonia as a cargo or as a fuel on bunkering terminals / barges.
The system can be delivered standard for bunkering applications or tailor made for other maritime or land applications.
Included modules with Azane cargo handling system:
- azaFLEX® vapor management & reliquefication system
- Control & automation system & separate safety control system
- Complete transfer system including CTS, piping, hoses, couplings
- Ammonia handling system with piping, valves, instrumentation
- Insulated type C storage tank including pump(s)
- Built in ammonia safety systems incl release mitigation system
AMMONIA VAPOR MANAGEMENT AND RELIQUEFICATION SYSTEM
Azane Fuel Solutions proprietary ammonia vapor handling system – azaFLEX®. The azaFLEX system ensures efficient vapor handling, cooling & reliquefication of ammonia – ensuring ammonia is safely stored and delivered as liquid at -33°C.
The azaFLEX system can be used on bunkering terminals requiring vapor management or for other applications such as gas carriers and land applications.
- Flexible: Built in flexibility with possibility of several different modes for vapor handling, cooling, and recondensation of ammonia.
- Ammonia as secondary coolant: Cascade cooling function using product (ammonia) as cooling medium – no external coolants/refrigerant needed.
- Separates impurities: Built in separator for non condensables, removing impurities (mainly O2 and N2) from terminal ammonia handling system. Also enabling vapor return with N2 and O2.
- Easy installation: Skid based and/or containerized with minimum footprint.
- Enables up to 2x higher bunkering transfer rate with vapor return, compared to conventional systems with same compressor capacity.
Azane offers a range of integrated solutions that can also be delivered as separate products:
- Ammonia cargo heater for applications requiring heating of product before delivery.
- Transfer manifolds with CTS, valves and instrumentation
- Systems for ammonia emissions & release mitigation – ensuring no toxic releases or ammonia odour.
- Ammonia gas detection system
- Other safety systems and equipment for minimizing ammonia leak risk